Thursday, December 5, 2013

Life Changes

I think a lot of people think I really have my Sh*t together, and on paper Facebook I do.  I'm a mom to two beautiful children, I have a full time (and demanding job), my husband I regularly have date night, I make time to craft and make handmade presents, I throw elaborate parties for my children, I work out regularly, and I occasionally find time to blog.

The truth is I struggle to find time to fit it all in and I certainly don't give everything my all. Some weeks the kids might get 75% of my energy and everything else has to fight for the remaining 25%. Other weeks work gets most of it. Someone always ends up with scraps. Some days its my husband. Some days its my job. Some days its me. I also put a lot of pressure on myself, nothing is effortless. 

Over the last couple of months I have made some changes in my life. I made one of the biggest on Monday when I gave notice to my current employer. This was not a decision I made lightly. I have a good job and I am good at what I do. I work in a field that is hard to break into and where jobs like mine can be hard to find. That being said, I am not fulfilled by my current position. I long to spend more time with my children and I am tired of people telling me that I should be doing something creative. 

So...expect to be hearing a lot more from me in 2014. I plan to dedicate a lot of my free time (while the kids are at school/preschool) to creative endeavors like this blog. I also can't wait to spend the rest of my time with my kids. I know its going to be the toughest job I'll ever have, but I am beyond ready for the challenge. 

I should note that my decision to leave my job was one that my husband and I made together. I don't think I could have taken such a leap of faith without his support or encouragement. 

Oh, and even with this change, I don't think that I'll ever really have it all together. I don't think anyone really does - even if they look like they do on Facebook. 

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing where this new path takes you.


Related Posts with Thumbnails