This year I wanted to make something I've never made before. I picked up some really cute retro looking laminated cotton at a local fabric store, brought it home, stared at it for while, then searched Pinterest until inspiration struck. I knew that my giftee likes to cook and is a mom to three kids. I saw a pin for reusable bowl covers and decided to make my own.
To make them I:
- Traced the tops of a few bowls (all different sizes)
- Used a compass to draw a larger second circle around my traced circle (+4" diameter)
- Cut out my circles (cut along edge of second circle - not the traced circle)
- Sewed a channel around each circle making sure it was wide enough to thread elastic through (approximately 3/4")
- Threaded my elastic, tied it off, and sewed closed the channel opening.
I even made a little bag for them. I have ordered some more laminated cotton fabric to make a few more for as gifts for friends and family. Please act surprised if your receive a set. I'll try to post a more detailed tutorial for those of you who are not experienced sewers in the next couple of weeks.