1. I had Sassy Photo Creations create this custom inviation based on another one in her shop. It fit the theme perfectly. I have worked with Agnes twice and love her work.
2. I made this birthday banner (sorry I couldn't get it all in one shot) for Elliot's first birthday (which was also a joint party with a sweet little girl named Allie).
3, 4, and 5. The favors consisted of little pink and green watering cans (picked up at Micheals for $1 each), butterfly crayons by Ducks in a Row Boutique, and number one cookies by Sugar Coated Cookies.
6. I revamped the wish tree from my sister's baby shower by adding little crepe paper flowers to it. I found the pre-cut white butterflies and oval cards with scalloped edges at Paper Source.
7. The flowers were all pink and green and I had several of these arrangements throughout the house. They are also very similar to something that I created for my sister's baby shower.
8. I whipped up some butterflies to dress up drinking straws. They were a hit with grown-ups and kids.
9. I used the Paper Source butterflies as a stencil to create these little butterflies that I placed throughout the house. To make them, I took two card stock butterflies, sewed them together (straight stitch on the machine) and folded them so that they could stand on their own.
10. Besides the adorable birthday girls, this was my favorite element of the party. I used Duff brand fondant (available at Micheals) and set aside almost an entire morning to bake and decorate the cake. This was my second fondant attempt, I think I am addicted. It is so fun to work with!
11. I have been wanting to make tissue paper pom-poms forever. I used this very simple tutorial. I hung them from the chandelier with thread so that they looked like they were floating. I am loaning them to a friend for a party next weekend, and afterwards will hang them from the playroom ceiling.
12. This is the best picture I got of the birthday girl that shows off her number one t-shirt. Both girls had matching shirts and tu-tus.
Lacking a number, but probably of interest, is the table cloth. Its actually three yards of this fabric. I am planning to use it to make floor pillows for my living room.
Please leave a comment if you'd like more detailed instructions for any of these projects.