To set the stage would hang a crisp white chair rail all the way around the room. Meghan had mentioned that she wanted a striped accent wall, so I would paint yellow (Benjamin Moore Moonlight) and white stripes below the chair rail, and a solid soft blue above it (Benjamin Moore White Satin). As a border around top of the the entire room I would love to see this quote from the book On the Night You Were Born in white,
“On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, 'Life will never be the same.' Because there had never been anyone like you ever in the world.” – Nancy Tillman
There are a number of great sellers on Etsy who will create custom vinyl letters. One I have used and recommend is http://www.elephannie.etsy.com/.
Now for the furnishings
- My Bear and the Moon – 8 x 10 print by Gumball Grenade
- Sweet Dreams – 8 x 10 print by Gumball Grenade
- Moon and Stars Mobile by Bugga Love
- I love this Blue and Yellow Argyle Fabric that I spotted on Warm Biscuit. I would recommend this be used for the crib skirt and roman shades to cover the windows. In addition to selling fabric by the yard, Warm Biscuit will also create custom window treatments and crib bedding with any of the fabrics on their site.
- To add some visual weight to the room I selected Pottery Barn Kids Madison Crib in the espresso stain. I really like the lines of this crib and I think it would work well for a boy or girl.
- I think this blue cable knit bumper by Tadpoles would add some nice texture to the room.
- This yellow polka dot print, also found on Warm Biscuit, would make a nice accent used as piping or pillow trim. I would love to see a bolster pillow for the glider that incorporates this fabric.
- The Fallon Rug, spotted on Rosenberry Rooms, doesn’t scream baby and adds a touch of elegance to the room.
- As a nod to sweet dreams and counting sheep, I selected this sweet little lamb rocker that I found on ababy.com
- Moon Painter - 8 x 10 print by Gumball Grenade
- The Course Ahead - 8 x 10 print by Gumball Grenade
- Although overhead lighting is nice, there is nothing quite like a few well placed lamps in a nursery. I couldn’t resist the lines or color of the Finely Lamp in Cloud by Restoration Hardware baby and Child.
- For additional lighting I would flank the sides of the crib with the Pottery Barn Kids Courtland Swing Arm Sconce in white with the light blue shade.
- To keep the room from feeling too matchy-matchy I would bring in an antique dresser, similar to this one, to use for storage and as a changing table. I would love to paint the dresser in yellow or a distressed white.
- Another important piece of furniture for the room is the glider. I love this white chenille glider from Posh Tots.
- To tie in the espresso stain on the crib I would use these espresso stained Pottery Barn Sabrina Baskets and Liners.
- Last but not least, I have selected this man in the moon hook from the Hook Lady. I like the existing finish, but I also think it would be great painted white. I never seem to have enough hooks in my son’s room for jackets, hats, robes etc – so more than one of these may be needed.